We are pleased that we can get people going again quickly (typically same day or next for issues not needing parts) – people are usually pleasantly surprised about how quickly we can fix your computer in Sheffield or even further away.
Basically, just give us a call/text/email and we give you a price there and then if we can, or if we can’t do there no charge for a diagnosis and quote so just drop it off to us.
Generally, for pricing, we are flexible and offer both a per hour rate or fixed price, depending on the what work is required and if it’s a drop off to us or a callout. We are always happy discuss prices first – just ask or otherwise assume customers are OK with our prices. We prefer to get more customers paying a fair amount than charge a lot to a few customers. Rarely, sometimes a job takes a long time due to our inefficiencies, but we don’t charge for things like that…fair prices. More customer have offered extra money than Customers often offer more money than our bill, or tips for our work – and we feel happy about this :-
Of course, if new/replacement hardware is required this will be additional to the service charge, but please just ask and discuss / confirm options first as you like. You can provide the hardware, or we can source the parts ourselves. If a part needs to be ordered in it often arrives in 1-3 days if ordered from the UK.
Prices for General Work:
Please feel free to discuss/confirm prices.
At our base work: Our hourly rate if you come to us is
– £40 (home/residential customers)
– £60 (businesses for business work).
Most work is done on a drop off and pick up later basis so we can sort out work for people asap. Appointments are OK though, just ask. We can usually get things done same/next day 0r within 24-48 hours (but often quicker). We offer a free diagnosis and work on a no-fix, no-fee basis – although if we fix the problem during the diagnosis process that cost is £50.
General prices for call-outs are:
£15 callout fee +
– £45 (home/residential customers)
– £65 (businesses for business work).
If no free parking is available on the callout parking related costs will be added to the bill total and callouts required on a weekend are +£10 per hour on the usual rate.
- Data recovery:
- To increase chance of success DON’T USE THE DEVICE – your data could be irretrievable. Price for data recovery is £70 done on a no fix no fee basis.
- Upgrade/install RAM, CPU, graphics card or any part.
- Depends on machine, please call
- Speed up your computer + boot up faster / Complete PC health check-up + tune up. Either:
- A) Hourly rate – can take between 30 mins and 2 hours (or more). Or,
- B) It may be better to reinstall Windows / Mac OS depending on the computer. Each case is different, and we’ll discuss options before starting work after inspecting the state of the system.
- Remove viruses, malware and adware.
- £50 – We will clean the machine manually with our vast experience and will also scan the machine with 3 (or more) antivirus/malware programs – We’ll fix the problem and maybe other problems and be able to return the machine to you clean as 3 antivirus programs will confirm.
- Set up a wireless/LAN network.
- Per hour rate – depends on the network and devices, but we’ll make sure everything works great before leaving.
- Re-installation of Windows (including updates, drivers and normal applications, backup and restore of user date (if not much data)
- £70 – flat rate – customers are happy with our speed and usability tweaks.
- Troubleshoot printer/scanner/device problems (Per hour rate)
- Data recovery:
- Backup files and data
- £20 for most clients (unless we’re talking about 500GB+ of data.
- Clean laptop keyboard
- Setup a new computer.
- Per hour rate – best to bring it to use as it can take a long time. If adone at our base price is £50 – for done at your place usual callout rate.
- Solve internet connection problems/installation.
- Per hour rate
- Backup files and data
ALWAYS BACKUP YOUR DATA
We can help with these things, but if you can do them yourself it’ll save you time and money:
1) Anytime you have a computer sent for repair you should backup all your important files (photos, documents, music etc) and ensure you have backups of all your programs/product keys. This is good practise; however, we understand that it may well not be possible for you to do this. Don’t worry, we can still go ahead as there are many options.
2) Also, it’s helpful to have any of the CDs and documents (product keys, serial numbers etc) that came with your computer ready when we visit. These may not be essential but are helpful through saving time and effort when reinstalling software (if needed).
Special Online Offers – Please quote the special offer name at the time of inquiring and ordering: ‘WEB SPECIAL OFFER 1′: Laptop screen replacement for Sheffield and nearby – £95. (Most models of laptops… a minority of models require more expensive screens).
‘WEB SPECIAL OFFER 2’: Laptop screen replacement for Sheffield and nearby – £145 with full computer health check-up, clean-up, updates security review and more. Read more.
‘WEB SPECIAL OFFER 3’: Full PC or Mac Fix for £95 – guaranteed virus/malware/slow down clean and best possible performance with your hardware (while fully up to date) – includes: 100% backup of everything you want, full wipe, full reinstall with all latest drivers and common programs, restore of your data and tweaks to keep things running as smooth and fast for as long as possible. This is a good deal, and we are sure you’ll be pleased with the results. Also includes full consultation/advice session on how to avoid future problems and impartial answers to any Q&As you may have. – if it seems a lot, based on past customer feedback it is well worth it. (we also sort those small after sale worries/questions/issues included in the price too).