We are pleased that we can get people going again quickly (typically 1-3 days for issues not needing parts) – people are usually pleasantly surprised about how quickly we can fix your computer in Sheffield or even further away. Please bare in mind during busy periods work can take longer.
This is a rough guide to other prices, please ask at time of commissioning work and we can confirm price or prices will be as below or subject to change:
- We offer a free diagnosis and quote, and work on a no-fix, no-fee basis
- We get given an issue(s) for a machine and if we fix the problem(s) during the diagnosis/quote process for each machine the cost is listed below (if the machine is clearly a business machine prices below are +£10):
- £65 for a normal regular Windows machine;
- £75 for an Apple machines;
- £85 for an all-in-one Windows machine;
- £90 for non-Apple high-spec/high-end machines such as but not limited to: Alienware, Predator, HP Omen, Dell XPS, Microsoft Surfaces and Ultrabooks and other very hard to work with or expensive machines.
- If your computer is so dirty that it’s too dirty and not safe/right to work on so requires a good clean before it’s ok to work on we will do this before the free quote/diagnostic and the charge is £20 even if we can’t fix it.
- £35 for testing of equipment such as cables, chargers, headphones and then found to be working fine or just a power/charging issue.
- If you require the machine to be picked up before parts arrive there is a charge to assemble of £25 because obviously, we will have to do twice the working disassembling and reassembling the machine.
- Liquid damage repair: £95 for PCs or Apple machines, done on a no fix no fee basis. The price is for work to get the motherboard/logic board to work / boot and run and charge and work from battery – this does not include repair of damaged ports on the motherboard such as USB or headphone jacks which might not be repaired but still allow the machine to be used. Other parts such as keyboards often need replacing and parts for them and fitting will be extra – please be aware these parts may not work after fixing the motherboard.
- Resetting an iPad / fixing iPad disable, £70.
- Setup a new computer (software/OS).
- Software only windows and setup – if done at our base price is £70.
- Per hourly rate if required to on a callout (not recommended as the process often takes many hours to do it fully and a job we’re happy with)
- New build PC or PC component transplant, eg from an old case to a new case is £130.
- If we need to call or speak with a third party to sort your problem out, the time for doing this will be charged at our hourly rate if the problem is fix or not.
Generally, for pricing, we are flexible and offer both a per hour rate or fixed price, depending on what work is required and if it’s a drop off to us or a callout. We are always happy discuss prices first – just ask or otherwise assume customers are OK with our prices. We prefer to get more customers paying a fair amount than charge a lot to a few customers. Rarely, sometimes a job takes a long time due to our inefficiencies, but we don’t charge for things like that…fair prices. More customers have offered extra money or tips for our work, than complained about price – and we feel happy about this!
Of course, if new/replacement hardware is required this will be additional to the service charge, but please just ask and discuss / confirm options first as you like. You can provide the hardware, or we can source the parts ourselves. If a part needs to be ordered in it often arrives in 1-3 days* if ordered from the UK (* During Covid/lockdown/emergeny/holiday etc. times postal estimates are very much estimates and often take longer).
Per hour work if commissioned:Most work is done on a drop off and pick up later basis so we can sort out work for people asap. Appointments are OK though, just ask. We can usually get things done same/next day 0r within 24-48 hours (but often quicker). We offer a free diagnosis and work on a no-fix, no-fee basis – although if we fix the problem during the diagnosis and quote process that cost is £65 for regular PCs, or £80 for Apple machines.
At our base and remote work:
Our hourly rate is:
– £45 (home/residential customers)
– £60 (businesses for business work).
– Minimum half hour charge to nearest £5 for remote connection fixes
General prices for call-outs are:
Price for Uber to and from callout location + hourly rate of
– £55 (home/residential customers)
– £65 (businesses for business work).
Callouts required on a weekend are +£15 per hour on the usual rate.
General prices for work, please confirm before commissioning work:
- Upgrade/install RAM, CPU, graphics card or any part.
- Depends on machine, please call
- Speed up your computer + boot up faster / Complete PC health check-up + tune up. Either:
- A) Hourly rate – can take between 30 mins and 2 hours (or more). Or,
- B) It may be better to reinstall Windows / Mac OS depending on the computer. Each case is different, and we’ll discuss options before starting work after inspecting the state of the system.
- Data recovery:
- To increase chance of success DON’T USE THE DEVICE – your data could be irretrievable.
- Done on a no fix no fee basis, price for data recovery from a traditional hard drive is £70, or for harder to work with devices such as a An ultraboook, Microsoft Surface device or Apple Laptop After 2013 the price is £90.
- We are not data recover lab specialists so if you are concerned about data, time, expense it’s worth speaking to them first (for example, we may not be able to clone a failing drive, but they could and save you a the cost of our work and supplying a new drive).
- Remove viruses, malware and adware.
- FOR PC: £50 – We will clean the machine manually with with a lot of experience and will also scan the machine with 3 (or more) antivirus/malware programs – We’ll fix the problem and maybe other problems and be able to return the machine to you as clean as 3 antivirus programs will confirm.
- FOR APPLE MACHINES: £70 and if problem still exists we will sort it another way.
- Produce a company letter / quote / document for third party e.g. insurance company: £45
- Set up a wireless/LAN network.
- Per hour rate – depends on the network and devices, but we’ll make sure everything works great before leaving.
- Re-installation of Windows (including updates, drivers and normal applications, backup and restore of user date (if not much data)
- £70 – flat rate – customers are happy with our speed and usability tweaks.
- Troubleshoot printer/scanner/device problems (Per hour rate)
- Backup files and data from healthy data sources not requiring recovery techniques
- £20 for most clients (unless we’re talking about 500GB+ of data)
- Upgrade/install RAM, CPU, graphics card or any part.
- Clean laptop keyboard
- Solve internet connection problems/installation.
- Per hour rate
- Clean laptop keyboard
ALWAYS BACKUP YOUR DATA
We can help with these things, but if you can do them yourself it’ll save you time and money:
- Always have a backup of your important files (photos, documents, music etc) and keep then safe while send a computer in for repair.
- Ensure you have backups of all your programs/product keys/account download info.
Special Online Offers – Please quote the special offer name at the time of inquiring and ordering: ‘WEB SPECIAL OFFER 1′: Laptop screen replacement for Sheffield and nearby – £95. (Most models of laptops… a minority of models require more expensive screens).
‘WEB SPECIAL OFFER 2’: Laptop screen replacement for Sheffield and nearby – £145 with full computer health check-up, clean-up, updates security review and more.
‘WEB SPECIAL OFFER 3’: Full PC or Mac Fix for £95 – guaranteed virus/malware/slow down clean and best possible performance with your hardware (while fully up to date) – includes: 100% backup of everything you want, full wipe, full reinstall with all latest drivers and common programs, restore of your data and tweaks to keep things running as smooth and fast for as long as possible. This is a good deal, and we are sure you’ll be pleased with the results. Also includes full consultation/advice session on how to avoid future problems and impartial answers to any Q&As you may have. – if it seems a lot, based on past customer feedback it is well worth it. (we also sort those small after sale worries/questions/issues included in the price too).