Our prices are competitive and we are please that we can get people going again quickly (hours or a day typically) – people are usually pleasantly surprised about how quickly we can fix you computer in Sheffield or even further away.
Basically, just give us a call/text/email and we give you a price there and then, or if we can’t do there there no charge for a diagnosis and quote.
Generally for pricing, we are flexible and offer both a per hour rate or fixed price, depending on the job and work required and if it’s a drop off to us or a callout. We always discuss prices first – just ask, or otherwise assume customers are ok with our prices. We prefer to get more customers paying a fair amount than charge a lot to a few customers.
We feel pricing per job based on expect time and complexity results in the fairest cost for each customer and return for us, rather than a completely flat rate or e.g. £50 per job… We expect to discuss prices before starting work and work is completed at the quickest possible rate for a quality service. Rarely, sometimes a job takes a long time due to our inefficiencies, but we don’t charge for things like that…fair prices. Customers often offer more money than our bill, or tips for our work – and we feel happy about this 🙂
Of course, if new/replacement hardware is required this will be additional to the service charge, but we will always discuss options first. You can provide the hardware or we can source the parts ourselves. If a part needs to be ordered in it often arrives in 2-3 days if ordered from the UK.
Special Online Offers – Please quote the special offer name at the time of inquiring and ordering:‘WEB SPECIAL OFFER 1’: Laptop screen replacement for Sheffield and nearby – £95. (Most models of laptops… a minority of models require more expensive screens). [clear-line]
‘WEB SPECIAL OFFER 2’:Laptop screen replacement for Sheffield and nearby – £145 with full computer health check-up, clean-up, updates security review and more. Read more.
‘WEB SPECIAL OFFER 3’: Full PC or Mac Fix for £95 – guaranteed virus/malware/slow down clean and best possible performance with your hardware (while fully up to date) – includes: 100% backup of everything you want, full wipe, full reinstall with all latest drivers and common programs, restore of your data and tweaks to keep things running as smooth and fast for as long as possible. This is a good deal, and we are sure you’ll be pleased with the results. Also includes full consultation/advice session on how to avoid future problems and impartial answers to any Q&As you may have. – if it seems a lot, based on past customer feedback it is well worth it. (we also sort those small after sale worries/questions/issues included in the price too).
Prices for General Work:
We will alway discuss prices before hand if needed. Our hourly rate if you come to us is £35.00 (or £45 for businesses / £55ph for business with over 5 employees ). Most work is done when you drop off to us and we generally do no-fix, no-fee, although sometimes we ask for a small fee/donation to make up for a bit of the often lengthy time spent on the machine. Alternatively we can come to you for £45 per hour (residential) or £50 per hour (businesses, or £55ph for business with over 5 employees) – minimum charge for callouts is 1 hour due to travel time and expenses unless we discuss otherwise. If your location is further away from our location, there will be a callout charge and we will discuss before coming out. If no free parking is available and parking related costs are required, this will be added to the bill total.
Callouts required on a weekend are +£10 per hour on the usual rate.
- Recover deleted files.
- Depends on nature of problem and amount of data to recover. To increase chance of success DON’T USE THE DEVICE – you data could be irretrievable.
- Upgrade/install RAM, CPU, graphics card or any part.
- £20, except LCD screens.
- Speed up your computer + boot up faster / Complete PC health check-up + tune up.
- Hourly rate – can take between 30 mins and 2 hours. It may be better to reinstall Windows / Mac OS depending on the computer. Each case is different and we’ll discuss options before starting work after inspecting the state of the system.
- Remove viruses, malware and adware.
- Per hour rate – time varies greatly / a reinstall is best way to be sure of a virus free computer but this doesn’t have to happen. Generally somewhere between £25-£50
- Set up a wireless/LAN network.
- Per hour rate – depends on the network and devices, but we’ll make sure everything works great before leaving.
- Reinstallation of Windows (including updates, drivers and normal applications, backup and restore of user date (if not much data)
- £70 – flat rate – customers are happy with our speed and usability tweaks.
- Troubleshoot printer/scanner/device problems
- Per hour rate – usually takes 15-45 mins.
- Backup files and data
- Depends on nature of backup, amount of data and data destination.
- Clean laptop keyboard
- Setup a new computer.
- Per hour rate – plugging in etc won’t take long. Setting up things such as programs, emails and other settings can take longer.
- Solve internet connection problems/installation.
- Per hour rate – usually 30mins – 1 hour.
- Recover deleted files.
Forms of Payment Accepted:
All payment is done after the work is successfully completed – we do not expect payment if you aren’t satisfied. Payment forms accepted are:
- Bank transfer on pickup
Cash or bank transfer is the preferred method of payment – we can minimise on banking charges that way. We used to be able to accept card payments with a charge of +2.5% to cover transaction costs but due to the new EU law 2018 we cannot charge this now, so regrettably can’t offer this form of payment anymore… we are a small business and the majority of payments are small amounts so this cost was purely to cover costs and we made no profit – unfortunately we just can’t absorb the costs into our prices which are low enough already. As with any service you product you buy, we assume you have the means to pay when ordering work or services.
ALWAYS BACKUP YOUR DATA
We can help with these things, but if you can do them yourself it’ll save you time and money:
1) Anytime you have a computer sent for repair you should backup all your important files (photos, documents, music etc) and also ensure you have backups of all your programs/product keys. This is good practise, however we understand that it may well not be possible for you to do this. Don’t worry, we can still go ahead as there are many options.
2) Also, it’s helpful to have any of the CDs and documents (product keys, serial numbers etc) that came with your computer ready when we visit. These may not be essential, but are helpful through saving time and effort when reinstalling software (if needed).