We repair so many computers (many of which are often similar models or have similar problems) so we cannot recall each job individually. In order for us to process a guarantee you must keep and produce to us your receipt/invoice from us as proof of purchase/work done because without it we will not be able to help in the future.
Guarantees on new/refurbished/used hardware supplied:
- New hardware comes with at least the normal 1 year guarantee required under UK law. This a typically a guarantee from the manufacturer and is valid from the date of purchase. Some hardware such as new SSDs and power supplies come with longer guarantees sometimes up to 5 years.
- Customers must notify us of any issues and get the device back to us in time for any claim to be processed.
- In order to offer the fastest service we can to customers, we buy stock in of the most common items we need, so the actual date of the start of the guarantee is before the date we supply to item to a customer – but as part of our service we will honour the full length of the guarantee from the date we supply to item to a customer.
- Parts can be fragile (such as hard drives and screens) so it is important for customers to take care of them because we will have to contact the manufacture or supplier on your behalf and state problem which doesn’t normally present any problems, but for example, it is difficult to get a replacement for a cracked screen where the boundary between manufacturing defect and user error is not clear.
- For any job we cannot offer any guarantee on your data so it is vital you keep all your data backed up.
- Refurbished or used hardware – these come with a guarantee length specified by the supplier (usually 1, 3 or 6 months) and this will be made clear to a customer and agreed ok before work is started.
Guarantees on hardware fixed (rather than replaced):
- Somethings problems are fixed without requiring new hardware, such as jobs where it’s only possible or requested to fix rather than replace hardware (maybe due to no parts available, cost of new parts to much, or speed or fix required for customer). Typically, these jobs include:
- Securing laptop hinges
- Screw fixings repair in laptop cases
- Securing loose so sockets/ports
- Fixing power buttons/switches
- In these jobs, the final solution may not as good as it would have been had replacement parts been used (although often the result is better: for example, using plenty of very strong glue to fix a screw fitting can make it much better than before).
- For all of these types of ‘DIY fixes’ we will make it clear to the customer what to expect and offer a 1 month guarantee on the work. Unfortunately, we cannot offer long because the source of the problem (usually broken materials, or poor product design in the first place) is still there.
Guarantees for work done on software/configuration:
- Software issues are harder to offer a guarantee with because it is easy for software/configuration/settings/files to be changed after work it completed the completed, which would affect the fix we made.
- We test all the work we carry out and offer a 1 month guarantee on it from the date of receipt of work.
- Customers are expected to test and use the equipment within this time and ensure everything is working as it should be. If within the 1 month issues are found, the customer must notify us before the month is up and we will gladly fix it without any charge.
- For issues found after the month is finished, unless the work needed to rectify the problem is a quick fix, work done will be charged for.