We offer a liquid damage repair service for the price quoted, on a no fix no fee basis. Full details of what will be done and terms of the repair are below. Please fully read and only agree to the work going forward if you are ok with everything written on this page:
- Repair will comprise of complete disassembly of the device as much as possible to check for liquid, clean, dry out and repair of any liquid/damage found. This takes at least 24 hours to ensure fully dry. Most machines can be completely disassembled except for the keyboard and screen.
- The repair is considered successful if we can get the main part of the machine, the motherboard / logic board, to work as normal including powering on with power cable connected, at least one USB socket working, power to fan(s) and outputting to screen.
- What is not included are components connecting to the motherboard/logic board such as keyboard, trackpads, daughterboards for I/O, battery, storage drives, optical drives, screens, card readers, keyboard backlights, fingerprint readers, touch bars, decorative LED lighting, webcams etc. We will try to get these items working if they are damaged, but they may need to be replaced (or can usually be left disconnected/not working). If one or more of these components are needed but parts are not available, too expensive to etc. then the cost of the liquid damage repair is still applicable if the motherboard is working as described in (point 2).
- Often liquid is spilt over the keyboard and this often needs replacing which would be addition to the cost of the liquid damage repair. It might be worth you getting a quote for this before getting the liquid damage work done because keyboard use is often desired (or needed to switch the machine on) and for some models of laptops the price of a replacement keyboard can be costly.
- If replacement component(s) are needed, the price for fitting the parts is including in the liquid damage repair price and the price the parts if we source them will be the cost price to us + 25%, except replacement MacBook keyboards which are priced differently do the difficultly of work involved in fitting them.
- Results of the work vary and sometimes there’s so much damage we don’t offer the service – if there is so much liquid damage it’s almost certain any work won’t get a positive result.